Monday, November 29, 2010

Back to school...

It is with mixed emotions that I return to school today. I really don't want to go back. I have greatly enjoyed my break- if you can call it a break, I spent the whole time working on the house....

I am still very confused as to what I should do next year. Our finances would benefit greatly from my continuing to work. We would be much better able to afford things like high school and college. We are so close to out of debt and starting to tip things in the other direction!! My heart is telling me that the childhood of my children is starting to slip away and I am missing it!!

Several times this weekend, someone has suggested to me that I look into teaching at SP. Teaching there would definitely help to bring down the stress my job. I would only have one grade and might possibly even have the option of teaching special reading. (One of my long-term career goals.) I would be better able to go back and forth if I need to get some extra work done also the teachers there aren't expected to do extra tutoring and stuff like that which would limit my time after school. They actually find your subs for you, so one would most likely get off if you needed rather than having sick children sleeping in the back of the classroom.

Dan would be much better able to be involved with the kids' school as it is much closer AND it would really cut down on my mileage. It seems like a good compromise... But is it compromising too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment