Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Snow Day in pictures

Otherwise known as the blizzard of 2011...


Woke up to my buddy with his buddies.


School closings!!! :-)


After a couple hours of light snow - just the beginning...


I made cinnamon rolls... Let them cool and came back to dole them out only to find them all gone...


After a while, I took a nice relaxing bath... My husband drew me a nice bath with chocolates, wine, and a good book. :-) He even kept the kiddos occupied so I could enjoy it! What a great guy!!!


The fort that the boys and I made a little over a week ago is now completely filled in with snow.


Andy and I cut up hot dogs and wrapped them in crescent rolls for a fun snack this afternoon!


We needed a dessert after our snack, so we made some snow ice cream. 1c milk, 1/2 t vanilla, 1/2 c sugar and snow. Yummy!


After several more hours of snowfall. Still not the end...

2 comments:

  1. Impressive! I never saw that much snow in that backyard!

    The storm is just getting started here. Supposed to have drifts of 5-7 feet! Granted, we started with at least of foot of snow on the ground from previous storms. I'll be surprised if we have a newspaper tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try to post another pic, at this point there is a huge pile of snow where the picnic table was.... I was looking at a link on the Marshall Democrat where they said that they plan to deliver papers all week but it is up to their customers to find them in the snow... Ha!

    ReplyDelete