Thursday, November 17, 2011

Christmas

I can't believe how quickly this year has gone. What a time of change! I began the year as a frazzled teacher of 18 no 19 nope back to 18 students and am ending the year as a "flexible" teacher with a grand total of 6-7 hours per week responsibility. My stress level is a little different, but generally lower - less scheduling stress, way more financial stress. Now we are staring down the barrel on Christmas. I love Christmastime! The joy and anticipation are so exciting! I love to experience Christmas through my children - they delight in so much at this time of year. This year Christmas will be different. It has to be. I refuse to go into debt to provide massive quantities of presents for everyone. Starting over Thanksgiving vacation, I am going to help the kids make presents for everyone on our list. I'm not sure yet WHAT we are going to do, but we are going to do SOMETHING... I'm trying to find recipies and small craft projects that will be cute but won't clutter up everyone's space. I want to make practical gifts this year, something that can be used in some way, but also something that my 5, 7, and 10 year old can make pretty much on their own. I'm glad I have a few weeks left, because I'm coming up short on ideas...

3 comments:

  1. how are those gifts coming along?
    I was going to make gifts, but Baby J's things have taken over what used to be my office and now all my crafty things are buried somewhere in the shed or in the garage where me and my big fat belly can't get to them. Sigh. Guess I'll just nap instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told Dan I think we need to hire someone to follow me around and talk me out of all my "good ideas". Ha!

    ReplyDelete