Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sick Again

This is just one of those weeks... The "baby" was in the Doctor's office on Monday, so I had to take a half day to take him in. (He had strep and a double ear infection.) This morning I took the boy in to the same office, he 'likely' has the same thing as the baby. *Sigh* Having had a sore throat, I asked them to run a test on me even though I just had strep a couple weeks ago. Yep, it was positive... *Sigh*

A full day off of school. Why is it that if I had an office job, I would feel absolutely no guilt taking a sick day to take care of my kids; but, being a teacher, I feel immense guilt taking a sick day? I think that this is part of my problem with teaching. I cannot seem to do things halfway.

Tidy up the closet? No, rip it out and start over or pile it up until it falls out on someone. We either have dust bunnies running rampant or I am scrubbing the floor every other day. I struggle to divide myself appropriately between what I want to do for my own children and what I want to do for my students. Where does the happy medium lie? Is there a happy medium?

No comments:

Post a Comment